1 pound of Penne Pasta
1 small onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
1 bag of fresh spinach
1 package of cream cheese
1 can tomato paste
1 box of cherry tomatoes
Red pepper flakes
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Loaf of Italian Bread
1. Bring a salted pot of water to a boil and boil penne until tender. About 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. While the pasta boils, mince 2 garlic cloves and the small onion. Half the cherry tomatoes. Drizzle some olive oil in a skillet over medium-low. Add the garlic and oil to the heated skillet and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Now add the cherry tomatoes, can of diced tomatoes, parsley, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes (I prefer a pinch) and stir to combine them all.
4. Add 2 Tbsp. of tomato paste and 1/2 cup of water to the skillet. Stir until the paste is evenly dissolved. Let it simmer for a few minutes.
5. Keeping it on a low temp. add a few dollops of cream cheese. Whisk it all together until the sauce is creamy. Add the parmesan and combine.
6. Last step is to take the spinach and stir it in until wilted. I eye balled how much. I’d say I used about half the bag.
Once it was all stirred together I placed a few scoops in a bowl and topped it with parmesan.